The Armando - Handmade American Leather Wallet
The Armando is a replica of a men's leather wallet carried by my client's grandfather in the late 1920's.
In making this replica, I strived to capture the original look and feel of the original leather wallet (pictured above). It is sized to the exact measurements of the original and is made entirely of calf-skin.
It is entirely handmade.
- I hand-select the calf-skin.
- The calf-skin is marked by hand,
- cut by hand,
- chiseled by hand,
- dyed by hand,
- oiled by hand,
- burnished by hand,
- balmed by hand.
- I wax the thread by hand,
- and then it is stitched by hand.
Once assembled the outside edges are finished by hand. They are first sanded smooth, dyed, burnished, and then buffed.
In short, this American Made Leather Wallet is not like any other wallet. Men's leather wallets made in the USA are typically machine made and made in-bulk. The Armando is a USA made wallet which is made-to-order one at a time by an individual craftsman.
- Bi-fold leather wallet
- 1 main pocket useful for cash, receipts, etc.
- 4 interior pockets useful for credit cards, business cards, etc.
- 1 of the interior pockets is secured shut with a flap, strap and loop.
- When shut: 5 1/2" x 3 5/8"
- When open: 7 3/16" x 5 1/2"
More on the making process of The Armando and the unique art of perfect imperfection in the video below:
A few more photos of the leather wallet replica project. First up is one of yours truly measuring and sketching out the original into my notebook earlier this year. Then a few showing the original and replica side-by-side.
Made for one thing, useful for anything. (Trademark pending).
BUY LESS, BUY BETTER. Made to last a lifetime or longer. (Trademark pending).
Lifetime unlimited warranty on leather workmanship and hardware (specific warranty details are covered here).
Made from 100% veg tan leather, a tanning process which utilizes materials from organic materials such as bark instead of chemicals. This leather only gets better with use and age.
- All orders are started and shipped based on when they were received (first come first serve, etc).
- Skipping in line is not possible (unless you make an offer I simply cannot refuse). Plan ahead for your orders!
Any questions? Just ask.
Unless specifically noted in the product description, any accessories shown in photos are not included.
Humbly handcrafted by Aaron in Harrisburg PA USA 🇺🇸
Free USPS priority mail shipping in USA on all orders over $150. Local delivery available as an option if you are within a 20 mile radius of Harrisburg PA.